Sunday, August 06, 2006

 

WEEK TWO (ORANGE JUICE AND TRAVEL)

I did have a major disappointment this week; Orange Juice and really all other fruit juices. I really like fruit juice, Orange Juice in particular, but reading the label it has more calories then a Classic Coke and some brands have a lot more. With my typical two 12-14 oz glasses a day, that is around 400 to 500 calories just from juice. Who would have thought? It makes the juice glasses that I have that used to appear ridiculously small appropriate.

In week two I faced a different challenge than week one – Work Travel. Typically work travel has allowed me to eat what ever I wanted and allowed down time to do so. I have been able to pick up a Cinnabon in the airport when I fly commercial, free food in the company planes, or a snack or two when I travel by car. This week I traveled by car and this snack time was easier to cut out then I thought it would be. Of course this was just week two and I am still motivated. As I frequent many restraints still when I am at home I do not find that portion to be more difficult. Maybe travel will not be so bad?

This is Sunday and I will not way myself again for the chart until Monday (I need to use the shipping scale at work to get the same weight). I did just way myself at home and my scale read 216 so I am hopeful that I am on track. I ran a total of 6 miles last week (three two mile runs). I hope to get up to 9 miles by next week. The first runs were difficult but the great thing about running is if you push yourself you can build up endurance relatively quickly.

For week three I plan to:
Log Calories ( the orange juice blows my mind)
Up the running
Place a trend line on the weight loss ( at the current rate of loss / gain where will I be)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?