Friday, September 29, 2006

 

203 POUNDS HALF WAY THERE

203 Pounds, while it still sounds pretty heavy the number marks 20 pounds lost. I am now over 50% of the way to the completion of the weight loss portion of my life change. I have noticed some changes:
• I no longer have acid reflux at night.
• My cloths fit better
• I look thinner
• I am not as hungry as I used to be

A few things have surprised me; by far the biggest is that by counting calories I actually lost weight. So many diets are full of such hokey-ness that I think they have given healthy eating a bad name. For example, I do not understand how you can eat all the bacon you want and expect to loose weight. Unlike other diets, counting calories has not been a diet that lets me eat everything I want all the time. It does make you think of the trade offs of all or your food and exercise choices.

The second surprise is that while my cloths fit better and I look thinner, I still have a belly and my cloths are not falling to the ground. I think many people (including myself) are just not aware (or deny) how big they really are. I have lost 10% of my body weight and I am still a big guy.

I am really trying not to think of this experience as a diet, but more as a correction that will get me going in the correct path for long term healthiness.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?