Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

ANOTHER PEARL OF WISDOM (WEEK 6)

I am adding an additional pearl of wisdom to the 2 I have discovered thus far.

3) Eat where the skinny people eat (the reverse is also true -Do NOT eat where the Over weight people eat)

The few of times I have had very difficult times finding anything remotely healthy to eat this observation has held true. The most glairing example was during a trip to Red Lobster. I was there with a friend and we were both amazed by the level of obesity at the restaurant. Generally, seafood is a relatively healthy choice but Red Lobster is definitely an exception. The free cheddar rolls are tasty but must be 400 calories each, and practically everything was breaded and fried.

I was reminded of this idea by watching the movie Super Size Me this last weekend. In the movie, it seemed like every time the star Morgan Spurlock was in a McDonalds there was a substantially overweight person in the shot with him. No good can come from frequenting these places. Trust me they used to know me by name at McDonalds.

I am still going strong. The scale read 208.5 th Tuesday just shy of 15 pounds lost. This still puts me on track to drop into the quote “normal” range before then end of the year. Finally, a quick mention (and that a girl) that my mom has lost 10 pounds since I started dieting.

Comments:
So where do skinny people eat? Salad bars?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?