Wednesday, December 13, 2006

 

189.5

Despite a small bounce back, I fell below 190 pounds (to 189.5) for the first time in years last week. It puts my weight loss goal definitely in sight. I am hoping that being able to see the finish line will allow me to “sprint through the finish line”, and avoid all the holiday junk food provided at our office. It has been difficult lately though as weight loss has definitely slowed.

I want to venture a guess that literally hundreds dollars are spent on gift baskets for the lab by suppliers full of cheese, crackers, chocolates and the like. To make it even more difficult during the holiday season, Cardinal’s own candy dish expands into a Santa shaped think that is literally 4 times the volume of the standard bowl. Additionally, Judy (the enabling secretary) has added an additional bottomless candy bowl to the center of conference room. All of this holiday food has been heaven up to this year – but now it is a type of hell being tempted at every turn.

I am starting to turn my thoughts as well as to next year’s Lifetime Fitness Triathlon. Hopefully, with the added weight loss I will be in a better position to compete. But, that training will start in the New Year, and hopefully the added activity will bring me through to a healthy BMI.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?