Monday, January 01, 2007

 

2006 In Review

2006 has now come to an end. All and all, I would have to say this year was a successful weight loss year. The last time I measured myself, I weighed in at 187 pounds (on Christmas Eve Night). I am sure I have gained since then as I decided to not drive myself crazy over counting calories between Christmas and New Years. Though, I did find myself in my subconscious looking at every piece of pie and thinking – is that a 250 calorie slice or a 450 calorie piece?

I have learned a lot about weight loss over the last year. The most important thing I learned was weight loss is achievable. It did not take any magic pills or new wave schemes. It boiled down to self control in portion size and having less sugary and fatty foods.

This next year I have a few goals:
1. Surpass 40 pounds weight loss (I have now decided that I would like to get below 180 pounds and maintain that weight)
2. Complete the Lifetime Fitness Triathlon (It is amazing that even when I was training in years past for triathlons I never lost as much weight as I have now)
3. Post more to the blog

I have been really surprised at the number of people who have commented to me personally that they read my blog - I appreciate all of your support. I hope that I am inspiring some you to work to your own weight loss goals, I know I could not have gotten this far without the support of those around me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?